Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Review Fridays: The Misto

So this is my first kitchen product review, and I am extremely excited about this one.

This product is called the Misto! I had never heard of anything like it when I saw it at the store, and instantly thought it was genius.





I choose not to use those cooking sprays in the cans you can get at the store because I find that they ruin my non-stick pans. When I got a new set of pans for Christmas 2011, I swore that I would protect them forever (so expensive!! I want them to last!) So, that meant no longer using those sprays.

When I saw the Misto, I got pumped! I instantly asked for it for my birthday, and my boyfriend got it for me. I have had it since early March, and use it everyday.

Basically, the Misto is a reusable version of those cooking sprays. You fill it with any liquid oil of your choice (coconut doesn't work), you 'pump' the Misto and can spray it safely onto your nonstick pans, or whatever you choose.

I have used it everyday (sometimes multiple times a day) since I got it and have barely gotten through 1/4 cup of oil. It cuts down my oil intake while giving be just enough to cook with. I also have used it on salads and popcorn instead of butter which highly cuts down the fat intake. It really is a way to enjoy the oil, get the healthy fats without overdoing it. I find that without the Misto I am using a tablespoon or two at a time, but with the Misto I use barely a tsp of oil for the same impact.

If you find yourself wanting to cut down your oil intake, or just are someone who is using those cooking sprays (which aren't really that good for you anyway, but I definitely used my fair share of them) then definitely give the Misto a try!!

My Misto came from TJ Maxx (It was 9.99, and came with a lettuce knife and something else), but I have seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond (Also I believe 9.99, but with no extras), and online!

Heres some links to where you can buy your own Misto!!

Amazon Misto

Walmart 2 pack of Mistos -- great to have olive and veggie oil on hand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment